Emmetsburg Public Library
View important information related to library re-opening in response to the COVID-19 novel coronavirus pandemic:
IMPORTANT COVID-19 RESPONSE INFORMATION
The Board and Staff of the Emmetsburg Public Library wishes to extend our sincere appreciation of the cooperation and understanding demonstrated by everyone as we work through this difficult time. In all cases, we urge you to behave in a manner that safeguards your personal health and that does not endanger the health of others
Effective Wednesday, July 1st, 2020, the Emmetsburg Public Library will be continue to be open to the public on a limited, appointment-only basis. The hours of operation, subject to change without advanced notice, are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m., and Saturdays 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Patrons will be allowed to visit the library in person to browse the collection and use other in-library services. The following restrictions will apply to this phase of re-opening:
1. All patrons and staff must wear a mask or cloth that covers their nose and mouth while they are in the library.
2. Patrons should observe rules of social distancing (leaving at least 6 feet of space between others) and obey any directional signs posted in the facility.
2. Up to ten patrons will be allowed in the library at a time. Appointments must be made by telephone or email (712-852-4009 or email@example.com). Appointments will be available in 15-minute increments.
3. Visits will be limited to a maximum of 60 minutes, once per day, and we respectfully request that patrons use the time to browse the collection or use other library services rather than to meet with others or socialize with staff.
4. At this time, the college building remains locked at Entrance 22. Please call the library when you arrive for your appointment to be let inside.
5. Please keep in mind that the college has only authorized public access to the facility for Wellness Center and library purposes. Please do not attempt to access other parts of the building during your visit.
6. Please continue to use the curbside bookdrop for all returns. Do not return items inside with you. The library staff will disinfect and quarantine all returns for a brief period.
7. The library continues to offer curbside service, and we recommend this option.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
Curbside service continues to be available. To use this service, you must:
1. Login to your account on the library’s catalog: CLICK HERE.
(use your 14-digit library card number and PIN, which is usually the last four digits of the library card).
Call the library (712-852-4009) if these credentials do not work or you do not know your library card number.
2. Place holds on items you find in the catalog by searching for items and clicking on the orange button for “Place Hold” in either the search results or item detail view.
NOTE: Specific title or author requests are necessary as we are unable to fulfill broad subject requests with this limited service. We will try to get you the book you want, but are limited in the amount of research that we can do for each request.
3. If you placed your request online, then allow an hour or two before calling the library to ask if your items are ready for pickup. If you called in your request, then the library staff will tell you a time to come.
4. Call the library again from your vehicle once you have arrived. The library staff will bring the items out to you.
NOTE: The library staff is directed to not accept anything from those using the curbside service. Any returns to the library should be placed in the outside book drop, which is also located curbside and available to use without leaving your vehicle.
The COVID-19 virus is typically transmitted via droplets after an infected person coughs or sneezes. It is unlikely that someone could become infected by COVID-19 by handling a library book; however, we are using quarantining protocols for all returned materials.
Also, consider the digital collections our library has available under the Downloadables tab above. Contact the library for help accessing these.