Amazon and OverDrive Announce the Kindle Library Lending Program!
Kindle customers will soon be able to borrow and enjoy eBooks from the Emmetsburg Public Library's collection of eBooks through the WILBOR Consortium. The program is scheduled for launch later this year, and will significantly increase the value of the investment our library has made in the format.
Please keep the following points in mind as we learn more about the exciting change in policies:
• The Kindle Library Lending program will integrate into our existing WILBOR collection.
• Our existing collection of downloadable eBooks will be available to Kindle customers. As new eBooks are added to our collection, those titles will also be available for lending to Kindle and through Kindle reading apps. Our library will NOT need to purchase any additional units or formats to have Kindle compatibility. This will work for our existing eBook titles.
• You will be able to browse for titles on any desktop or mobile operating system, check out a title with your library card, and then select Kindle as the delivery destination. Your borrowed title can then be enjoyed using any Kindle device and all of Amazon's free Kindle reading apps.
• The Kindle eBook titles borrowed from our library will carry the same rules and policies as all our other eBooks.
• The Kindle Library Lending program will support publishers' existing lending models.
• Your confidential information will be protected.
• The Kindle Library Lending program is only available through libraries, schools, and colleges in the United States.